banner

Friday, April 29, 2011

Devastation and Survival

What a week we have had here in the South.  We survived the storms and tornadoes and saw terrible devastation as we left the house and drove the area.  Ringgold (that you see often on the news) is about 20 min. from us, but I have not ventured that way as all of the roads are closed/impassable.

When the first storm hit, I was driving Ryan to work at the zoo. My mom called me and said to stay at the zoo because a tornado was heading right toward Rossville, which I have to pass through.  I sat at the zoo for 10 min. until the radio said it was safe.  In that short amount of time, the storm had done so much damage to Rossville.  Tree's down everywhere, power lines and poles down across the road.  I had to take detours most of the way home and had to zig-zag down the road to miss all of the trees and branches and roofing!

I don't have many pictures because I was busy driving, but shot this one through the car window as I drove.  It's not that clear, but it's a large tree that fell onto a house.


I lay in bed last night thinking of all of those people who had to find somewhere else to sleep last night.  I can't imagine how overwhelmed and in shock they are at losing every single thing but the clothes on their back.  Where do you start to rebuild your life?  A friend knows a family that was completely wiped out.  All 7 in the household were killed, including young children.

Another friend lost her family farm.  Everything lost.  They spent all day yesterday trying to recover some things.  She found her wedding dress in a lake.

But we are okay.  We even drove up to my parents yesterday so Ryan could do some work for them.  They had NO damage.  Look at their flower beds!




It was nice to see such pretty and cheery sights after the sadness of seeing destruction.

******

If it comes to mind, please pray for my health right now.  I was doing so well since I've been doing all of the exercise, but now I have a sinus infection and it's affecting my breathing, let alone making me miserable.  I ordered my EXPENSIVE abx to nebulize into my sinuses, so should have that in a few days.

Hope you all are okay!  I know several of you live in the South and I'd like to hear from you that you are okay.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are ok. There was so much devastation there. Praying for those affected by this.

    ReplyDelete

I just love it when you leave me comments because it shows me that you are thinking of me and reading my blog. Thanks for being a part of my life!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools