Sorry I have been so absent, lately. Too much going on these summer days! Or else the days are too short, right!??
I was starting to freak out a little too much over bills again. On my birthday I went to the dentist and was told I need two crowns. Not the majestic type, just the $900 type. Note to self: Never go to the dentist on your birthday again!
Anyway, in trying to cut costs, I looked into Extreme Couponing. A friend of mine had done it and spent just over $6 for aboout $650 worth of groceries, so I asked her to point me in the right direction. She said she started with Southern Savers. Well, I've been branching out to other sites since then. It's hard getting started because you almost need a little surplus to get you going. I have always purchased 2 weeks of groceries at a time that just provides the meals and snacks and necessities for those two weeks. So if I see a sale and have coupons for 10 of something, that runs me over the budget. What I did this week was use my mo. allowance budget to kick me off. I got some great deals and was so excited. I'm not getting things free, like on ExtremeCouponing (TLC, Wed. nights)...so far!
Yesterday I got Butterball turkey-bacon 10/$10, Pringles (Ryan loves these and I usually buy 3 every 2 wks) 10/$10, San Giorgio spaghetti 6 lbs/$2, Albacore tuna (another of Ryan's loves that I have to curtail) 10/$10...and so on. For right now I'm sticking to what I'm usually buying.
Another thing I joined is SwagBucks. I've been hearing about them on Facebook for a while now, but never really checked them out until a week ago. Already we've earned $35 in gifts from them. If you aren't familiar with them, you can use them for your search engine and you earn a SwagBuck for each search. (There are other ways to earn pts, also) Then you use your SwagBucks in the SwagStore to cash them in. We've been getting $5 Amazon.com g.c. and Paypal g.c. since those are two places we'd save the most money, but there are many other options. If you aren't familiar with them, check them out!
I Just Won 11 Swag Bucks on www.swagbucks.com
I'll try to update soon with other things I've been up to and how Ryan is doing and my marriage.


It's good to hear from you. I've been doing the couponing and have a nice stockpile going. It has reduced my grocery bill quite a bit - not like the extreme couponers, but not bad!
ReplyDeleteI love Swagbucks. I've been doing it for over a year and have made about $250 in Amazon gift certificates!