banner

Monday, February 7, 2011

My weekend

Jim has really been making an effort with his behavior and his treatment of Ryan and me since his counseling session last week.  Friday he called and asked me out on a date.

We went to Applebee's and I had the best meal out that I've had in AGES.

Oriental Chicken Salad

It was HUGE and soooooo good.  I read later that it's 709 calories, but I only could eat half of it and took the rest home.  Then I gave Ryan half of the leftovers and ate the rest the next day.

On the way home we stopped and visited some elderly friends of ours.  They were so tickled to see us and just a little bit ago she called and thanked us again for dropping by and visiting them.


Jim also brought me home these tulips.  Aren't they beautiful?  I tried Photoshopping the 2nd shot.  Which technique do you like better?

Tulips and Cyclamen are my favorite flowers and these are just brightening my days and evenings.  They are so cheery on these cold days when Spring seems to far away.  I'm glad he remembered my favorite flowers.  (And glad they weren't red - I don't like red flowers, for some reason - they just don't seem cheery.)

I hope you all had a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This is good to hear! I like the smaller shot of the tulips. They are one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot! I love that salad. I get it almost every time we go to Applebees too, and eat half them and save the other half for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time...hope things start to go better!

    ReplyDelete

I just love it when you leave me comments because it shows me that you are thinking of me and reading my blog. Thanks for being a part of my life!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools