So, what is squeezing me you ask?
Are my clothes too tight?
Yes!
But that's not the squeezing sensation I'm feeling right now.
It's the feeling of the life being squeezed out of me as I try to find money for groceries!!!
I'm getting so I hate getting groceries. I used to find it a challenge. A fun challenge! See how much I can get for so little.
Now I have to check our Saving and Checking Accounts to see if there's enough money in there to pay for the food. (Postcript: When I checked the accounts the Checking was overdrawn and there's hardly anything in Savings. Now I'm redoing the Grocery List...)
I still haven't found the $440 to get the final crown put on my tooth where the temporary is and I have about a month to come up with it.
Then Jim got sick and lost work. In his line of work, he isn't paid per hour or day like others. He's paid per load and he does 2 loads a week usually. Ends up, he was sick long enough that we're missing $2100 in our monthly income.
And the expenses went up. 2 new medications for my sinuses (which is working, Praise the Lord!) cost $279/mo. It originally was to be $1,079 co-pay, but they have a foundation to help and charged me $279/mo. Still a lot per mo. but better than $1,079.
Then last evening I opened the mail to find a bill for having my Port flushed. Every 4 wks I have to get it flushed. Some people go every 6 wks, but mine tends to clot by then, so it has to be more frequent. Since my insurance changed, I am now being charged $206 each time I get it flushed - every 4 wks!
HELP!!!
So, I feel the S-Q-U-E-E-Z-E.
(I didn't even mention the cost of fuel going up, which is hitting us all!)
So, I'm off to the grocery store. Meals are getting pretty creative. My son is always hungry. All I hear from my son and husband is "What's to eat?".
Actually, now I'm wondering why my clothes are too tight...




I'm sorry that all of this is happening at the same time. It has to be overwhelming.
ReplyDeleteMedical expenses are frustrating because you can't cut them out. Our daughter is diabetic and that is also expensive. We are lucky to have good insurance but that will end for her this year and then I worry about paying for all of her stuff.
What ever happened with that crazy lawsuit? I'm hoping that's done!
Thinking of you. Glad you where able to find some relief with getting help to pay for your medication. And I am really glad your new med. is helping your sinuses. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteColleen