banner

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Local flavor

(I've edited this and added a video and a neat article in People at the end.)

I have been trying to get on here for WEEKS, but have been so busy I keep getting deterred.  Sorry!

I have all kinds of things to post, but will do them all separately and will just hope it doesn't take me too long to do them.

This past weekend my mom and I went to watch a parade for Lauren Alaina, our American Idol in the top 3.  (Hopefully tonight she will be Top 2).  She's from a nearby town about 10 min. from us and just the sweetest thing!  Here are some of the pics I got that day.  Her car stopped and sat in front of us for about 3 min. - wasn't that nice of them? lol
















In the third picture her school band was passing by her car to get in front of her and she was all excited, seeing her old friend's.  She was definitely a teenager in that moment.

I don't know who the little boy was, but he was adorable and I asked if I could take his picture.  Lauren spent some time with him, looking at his guitar and maybe signing it - couldn't quite see what she was doing with it.  (When I saw him it was before she arrived.)

That crowd went for miles.  There was another parade in Chattanooga and a mini concert with about 10,000 there.  I was asked to work the stage for the concert, but declined because of the early morning hour I'd have to be there and my health being out in that weather, with little sleep.

The limo is the one she rode around in when she wasn't actually in a parade.

She is such a sweet girl and she loves God.  I see such a difference between her character and performances and her female competitor.  Whether she wins or not, she will go far.

Article in People about Lauren visiting the tornado victims at home.  Very good!
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20489946,00.html

A good video of her visit

3 comments:

  1. I don't watch the show, but that is exciting to have a hometown local make it to the top 3! Good luck to her. Also, I am happy to see a post from you. Looking forward to more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch that show, but it's nice to hear what a nice person she is. Hope she does well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so fun!!! I remember when Chris Allen came home to Little Rock...it was really great! I am rooting for her too!

    ReplyDelete

I just love it when you leave me comments because it shows me that you are thinking of me and reading my blog. Thanks for being a part of my life!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools