banner

Friday, February 18, 2011

I won! I won!

I enter 5-8 Sweepstakes each day.

Today I won one that I didn't even enter!

Kind of.

As I've mentioned, our finances have really taken a hit lately.  Between my extra medical bills and our decrease in income, it's been really hard.

This morning I called my mother to make arrangements to meet her.  They have some work for Ryan to do this afternoon and I was going to meet her partway and "hand him over."  We set a time and place and hung up.

About 5 min. later the dogs started going nuts and we looked out the window to see what they were so excited about.

There was my mom!  The whole time I was talking to her, she was on her way to my place...

with a car full of groceries for us!

A BOAT LOAD OF GROCERIES!

I took these pictures after I'd put nearly half of them away.

I told her it was a good thing I had my kitchen all clean and plenty of empty counter space!  I couldn't BELIEVE all that she bought for us.  Even meat!  I had decided that we'd mostly live on beans&rice, pasta, pancakes and popcorn for the next few weeks and now we have pork roast, pork chops, ribs, chicken & ground beef.

Ryan carried it all in with a huge grin on his face and said "This is like winning a Sweepstakes!".  And to a hungry teenage boy, it's especially like a Sweepstakes win!  lol

3 comments:

  1. Your parents are wonderful! This post left me with a big smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what family is all about. Unconditional love and helping each other when it matters most.

    ReplyDelete

I just love it when you leave me comments because it shows me that you are thinking of me and reading my blog. Thanks for being a part of my life!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools