Another transition.
Remember how I said I was feeling so overwhelmed by the bills and debt?
Remember how I said my marriage was having some difficulties?
Remember that I've talked about my Cystic Fibrosis and the health issues I've been facing, along with the increased isolation while the flu and cold has been so rampant?
And I guess I didn't tell you about when my son had all of his Valentine Candy in one fell swoop and it sent him into a tail spin and he crawled out his BR window at night and tried to run away...
Well, last Thursday after a confrontation with my husband I just felt like I couldn't handle any more and sent out a signal for help by taking 20 Ambien and trying to kill myself.
Some people would try to keep this secret, but I don't know most of you personally and that's easier to share it. Plus I want to share what I've learned and experienced in case anyone reading this faces any similar feelings and depression. So I will be blogging in the coming days as I have time about that.
For right now I will tell you that I was taken by ambulance to the ER and remained unconscious for a very long time - to me. I have a huge block I have missing! Slept and slept and probably snored like crazy. Over 24 hrs. later they transferred me to a Psychiactric Hospital in Atlanta where I was locked in like a prisoner and a crazy person and it was a terrifying experience.
It was an eye opener.
I learned so much.
I met some wonderful people and have some great memories.
I got home this afternoon...
More to come. I hope you will follow me through this and learn something to help you or someone you care about.
(Sorry. No pictures about this experience. You don't grab a camera when you're nearly unconscious being loaded in an ambulance and phone and camera's are not allowed in a Psychiactric Hospital!)


Oh Debbi, what can I say? I'm so sorry to read this, but am so glad you were found and taken to the hospital. I'm glad you are able to take some positives from this experience. You have had so much going on and a person can only take so much stress before something happens.
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you as you move forward.
Oh my goodness - I am so glad that you survived! I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this, but I know He will help you through.
ReplyDeleteOh my, Debbi! I noticed you hadn't been on FB, was hoping you were ok. Glad you are back, also glad you are getting help! You do have so much to deal with! Please know that I'll continue praying for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. Hoping you get the help and peace you need. Be kind to yourself. You are loved my many.
ReplyDeleteColleen