Just in case I haven't given you enough reason to get some help before you end up in a Psych Hospital, like I did, I thought I would share a typical day there. (I am no longer there, Colleen)
6AM -Wake up and get in shower (remember the door to bathroom can't be locked and staff will peek in on you while you are in there to make sure you haven't harmed yourself!!!!) I also had to get in line for some meds at this time.
7AM -Line up for Vitals
7:20AM -Line up for breakfast in the cafeteria. They do Roll Call at this time before they unlock the door and escort you over.
8:00AM - Breakfast over and you're escorted back.
8:15AM - Meds - Go stand in line again!
8:45AM - I forget what they call it. You have to all be in this big room and each one has to say "My name is __________. I am feeling _(an emotional feeling, not a physical one)_. My goal for today is: __________. I am thankful for _____________."
9:30AM - Group Therapy of some sort (mandatory)
11:00AM - Line up for Lunch and Roll Call.
12:30PM - Meds - go stand in line again!
1:30PM - Afternoon Pych Group
3:00PM - Maybe some free time in which you need to stand in line to get new towels/washcloths
3:30PM - Another group meeting, smaller groups this time
5:00PM - Get in line for supper and Roll Call
6:00PM - Meds - Go get in line again!
6:30PM - Mandatory "Reflection" time in your room
7:00PM - Group Support Meeting on "coping skills"
8:30PM - All gather together to repeat what you did at 8:45, only you change your Goal to "Did you meet your Goal?"
9:30PM - Meds - Go stand in line again!
10:30PM - Lights out!
Also, during the day everyone see's the Psychiatrist once. There are extra Roll Calls inserted throughout the day, such as after each meal.
During the extra time between meetings and meals you may not be in your room. They are locked. You are in a large "Day Room" with about 39 other women. Some of these are really nuts and yelling stuff and hearing voices and seeing people who aren't there, some are fighting, some are just sitting there sobbing - let me tell you, it's not a place you really want to be. I met some really nice ladies and made some nice friends, but we tried to avoid the majority of the other people.







You will get through this, I just know it. Are they good with letting you continue with CF meds. and treatments?
ReplyDeleteI guess it's a good place when you need it but I'm so glad you are no longer there.
ReplyDelete