banner

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's gray and brown and drab all over? P.S.

The answer?

A center for mental health!

I was required to go to a Psychiatrist at a Mental Health clinic after I was discharged from Peachford Hospital.

I had an appointment for 1PM today, but they told me to come around 12:30 to do paperwork.  So I showed up at 12:30 and started paperwork.  She took the paperwork and I had to sit a little.

In this drab depressing looking place.  The cheapest of carpet, chairs, decorations.  Everything was gray, black, brown, tan.  Stained.

Man, if you weren't depressed before you went in there, you would be by the time you left!

At 1:10 she told me that since it was 10 min. after my appt time I would have to wait until the next appt. slot at 2PM!  Excuse me???  I was here on time!

I sat there until the next appt.  I actually wondered if there was a hidden camera and they were watching to see how I handled this "adversity."  lol

2:10 came and no one had come for me and I afraid they'd tell me "Well, it's 10 min. after, so...." so I went up to the counter and asked about my appt.  She said the lady would be right with me and she was.

When all was said and done, they weren't sure why I was there.  I'm getting my counseling done elsewhere and my medication is managed elsewhere already.

So I wasted about 3 hrs. of my time in this very depressing place today.

When I left after 3PM I was starving because I hadn't eaten since my 2 egg whites 8 hours before.  I grabbed something nearby, then went for groceries.

Now I'm just plain beat.

Tuckered out.

I don't want to do a blessed thing the rest of the evening.  Just sit in my recliner and watch Biggest Loser and go to bed!

*******
P.S.  I forgot to mention, one of the services they offer at this mental health clinic is counseling for addiction, including over-eating.  They must not be very good because I noticed that about 80% of the staff would fall into the Obese category.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's just ridiculous! Sounds like they are in the wrong profession!

    ReplyDelete

I just love it when you leave me comments because it shows me that you are thinking of me and reading my blog. Thanks for being a part of my life!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools